Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just Around The Corner..



Call me superstitious, but I heavily dislike the idea of thinking that summer is here, Washington and I have trust issues. That said, I can almost hear her coming around the corner. Lilies bloomed well this year, but they didn't get very tall so I couldn't cut any of the flowers. We have potatoes sprouting well, corn is right on schedule and my sunflowers get stronger each day. My zucchini is just exploding with blooms and I can't wait to get my hands on it this summer, I have plans to really see what I can do with shredded zucchini now that I'm seeing food from a whole different perspective. It's no longer just for bread. 

I have recently learned that I was never really shown how to trim lettuce from the garden. Luckily I only killed one red leaf lettuce, the other i growing back at supersonic speed. My husband schooled me, I say lucky for me.

This is what many dinners look like for us. One big baker, topped with fresh grated cheese, herbs spices, butter, a fried egg and one slice of bacon. In exploring our options and suggested meals, my husband has perfected the ultimate baked potato! Who knew being gluten free, and eating only local produce meats could be so darn fun? 

Purging is going really good - and keeping me so busy. I cannot get over what we have accumulated in just the last three years. So ready to see it all gone! Just around the corner..

1 comment: